World Canopy Piloting Championships 2018 offers a wide variety of entertainment for the whole family, from exciting air displays including aircraft performing death-defying stunts, aerobatic passes, and dozens of aircraft-related displays, to a special play area with fun rides for children and foodtruck zone.
ATTRACTIONS FOR VISITORS
- In the air: 1-8 July 2018, this year’s summer season at the Szymanów Airfield will have a great line up and aircraft and entertainment. A fantastic opportunity to see some of the world’s most talented jumpers and agile aircraft. Do check back for details or follow us on Facebook.
- On the land: The championship site covers a 1.5 mile stretch of Szymanów’s Airfield, with plenty to see and do. Barbecue zone, foodtruck zone and kids area will provide you plenty attractions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ATTENDING THIS EVENT?
Please review all of the public advisories listed below and frequently view this page leading up to the event on July 1-8, 2018.
Our goal is to make your experience at the World Canopy Piloting Championships fun and safe. We anticipate large crowds and we hope you will help us by being prepared and raising awareness.
The weather is unpredictable and it is difficult to know what the weather will be like on the championship day so please check our facebook page[WCPC STWORZYC STRONE] as often as needed. We’re doing our best to be prepared for any eventuality but on a rainy day jumpers will be not allowed to compete.
SAFETY ZONE ADVISORY
This document is to advise the public of the upcoming safety zone for the World Canopy Piloting Championships 2018, Wroclaw Lotnisko-Szymanów, Poland. This rule will be enforced from 6:30 a.m. on June 25, 2018 through 7:00 p.m. on July 8, 2018 while aircrafts and jumpers are performing or practicing.
The zone will consist of airfield at WrocloveSkyClub starting from approximately 0.5 miles north of Szymanów 51°12’06.5″N 17°00’11.4″E (51.201801, 17.003177), thence directly south approximately 0.5 miles to the east 51°12’18.4″N 16°59’32.4″E (51.205097, 16.992320), thence west along the road 51°12’37.0″N 16°59’36.7″E (51.210287, 16.993519).
No vehicle or person will be permitted to enter the zone without obtaining permission from the Captain of the WrocloveSkyClub/Szymanów Airfield or a designated representative.
A visual chartlet will be included below on June 2018. Thank you for your commitment to ensuring the safety and security of the fields and roads of Szymanów. If you have any further questions, please contact the WrocloveSkyClub’s office, phone number: +48 713 87 87 16.
The Championships competitions begin at 8 a.m. and end at 6 p.m., but it’s best to arrive at the event early and stay late. The information on parking, transportation and additional visitor services will be presented in June 2018 and will include an exact deployment plan of areas, exits, entrances, and other logistic information.
The items that are NOT permitted on the airfield:
guns, firearms and other devices that discharge projectiles (devices capable or appearing capable of being used to cause serious injury by discharging a projectile), razorblades, workmen’s tools, sidearm, weapons, explosives and incendiary substances and devices and radioactive materials.
Other PROHIBITED items include:
– Drink plenty of water. On a hot sunny day it is a good idea to keep drinking liquids even if you are not thirsty. You will be surprised how much you drink on a very hot day. Cold bottled water is recommended.
– Wear sunscreen. Use plenty of sun tan lotion even if it is not a hot sunny day. A hat is also advisable on a hot sunny day especially for children.
– Wear your wristband/pass to enter any/all restricted areas (media, preferred seating area…etc.)
– You don’t need a fold up chairs to watch the air display in comfort. We prepared the grandstand for the audience
– Barbecues [GRILL in polish] and fires are prohibited on the airfield because of the fire risk